Strike A Light, Everyman Theatre Cheltenham, Hawkwood and Lives of Colour are offering a unique seed commissioning opportunity for a Black artist or Black led company to develop a piece of touring work. The commission aims to support a piece of performance to be an example of excellence in touring that has the potential to reach a diverse audience.
The commission will include:
- £3,000 cash investment to develop the work
- Two residencies: one with Everyman Theatre Cheltenham on 2nd – 7th September and one with Strike A Light at Hawkwood on 23rd – 27th September 2019 to develop the work.
Hawkwood residency will include rehearsal space, accommodation and full board for up to 5 artists.
Everyman Theatre residency will include studio rehearsal space and a £500 contribution towards travel/ accommodation/ food costs.
Please note additional artistic fees will not be offered for these weeks.
- Opportunities to share the work in progress with audiences at Strike A Light festival in October 2019 and the potential for previewing or programming finished work with Strike A Light in Spring 2020.
- 3 days face to face support from Strike A Light / Everyman Theatre producers in the lead up to and during the residencies
- 3 half days of fundraising support from the Strike A Light team
- Support in engaging industry professionals in the development and sharing of the work
- Opportunities to engage directly with diverse audiences and explore and test wraparound activity
How to Apply
- Please download and read through the commission call out in full here.
- Please download and complete the application form here.
You can apply by submitting a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘ Commission’ in the subject line. Please note: we will not accept CVs. If you have access needs and would like to apply in a different format please contact us.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the commission before making an application please email email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 21st April 2019.